Zenith, via its parent company CareersMultiList, has become a member of the United National Global Compact. We have developed a specific strategic plan to ensure we embrace and implement specific policies against each principle business principal (in particular those for the environment).
The UN Global Compact is not a regulatory instrument, but rather a voluntary initiative that relies on public accountability, transparency and disclosure to complement regulation and to provide a space for innovation.
As a leadership initiative endorsed by chief executives, it seeks to align business operations and strategies everywhere with ten universally accepted principles in the areas of human rights, labour, environment and anti-corruption.
Through a wide spectrum of specialised work streams, management tools, resources, and topical programmes, the UN Global Compact aims to advance two objectives:
– Mainstream its 10 principles in business activities around the world
– Catalyse actions in support of broader UN goals, including the Millennium Development Goals (MDGs)
By doing so, business, as the primary agent driving globalization, can help ensure that markets, commerce, technology and finance advance in ways that benefit economies and societies everywhere and contribute to a more sustainable and inclusive global economy.
The UN Global Compact’s ten principles in the areas of human rights, labour, the environment and anti-corruption enjoy universal consensus and are derived from:
- The Universal Declaration of Human Rights
- The International Labour Organization’s Declaration on Fundamental Principles and Rights at Work
- The Rio Declaration on Environment and Development
- The United Nations Convention Against Corruption
The UN Global Compact asks companies to embrace, support and enact, within their sphere of influence, a set of core values in the areas of human rights, labour standards, the environment and anti-corruption….click here to learn more.